I sat down with an agency owner the other day who is managing the sales at his agency. I was happy to see that they are doing most of the basics right.
Except for one thing:
Here are the daily, weekly and monthly sales activities I recommended they get into the routine of doing.
I suggested they add a calendar appointment for each of the following and add links to the docs, URL’s they need to use to make it easier:
• Respond to any replies from prospects with open deals
• Net New Prospect – Connect/email with new prospects
• Reach out to recently connected prospects
• Prepare for any meetings
Weekly Activities (ideally each Monday)
• Review pipeline and work any deals to close (start with closest to revenue so Contract sent, Proposal sent, Post call follow up etc)
• Review closed lost reasons and reach out to prospects
• Nurture prospects – send valuable content/updates to prospects that have gone cold
If you do these tasks consistently, you’ll unlock more revenue, speed up your sales cycle and book more meetings.