The probability of selling to an existing customer is 60-70% – So let’s not leave money on the table.
Upsell = a more premium or larger offer/service
Cross-sell = offering related products or services
- Make a list of all your clients, the services they purchased and the price they paid.
- Schedule a check in call with each client to explore current satisfaction with your service and ask about their current goals, needs and objectives. Listen without pitching!
- At the end of the call or after the call, offer the upsell or cross-sell (𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝗳 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘁).
- Regardless of the outcome, make your client feel appreciated, send a thank you note or a gift.
From personal experience, there were some clients I couldn’t wait to finish with. So don’t feel the need to upsell or cross-sell to every client.
What to upsell or cross-sell?
That’s difficult to provide a one to many answer. But here are some examples:
- If you’re building backlinks, could you build more (volume)?
- If you’re offering content, could you create it quicker (time)?
- If you’re offering CRO, could you make it more comprehensive (depth)?
- If you’re producing long form videos, could you offer written content (from the transcript)?
- If you’re providing social media content, could you offer to post it for them?
- If you offer leads, could you review their sales and marketing messaging?
Block off some time this/next week in your diary and get started on this.